Feels So Good!

This post isn't really about crafting. I just wanted to share with you how good I felt today. Not for myself, but for someone else. I had been wanting a hair cut for a loooonnnnggg time, but was also avoiding it. I get a lot of complements on my hair, despite the pain it is to deal with. On these hot days I tend to pull it back, which is not my most flattering look. But practicality beats out beauty when you're looking at 112 degrees! The main reason I waited; I thought there might be a chance I could donate my hair if I let it grow. I've thought about it for several months, but a new development inspired me to do it. My daughter's good friend was diagnosed with Leukemia a few weeks ago. She is only 14. Such devistating news. Thankfully, she is handling the treatment well and is showing signs that it is working. So, with that, I knew I had to do this. Even though she would not benefit herself, someone would. And, today was the day! 8 inches will soon be on its way to Pantene Beautiful Lengths.

After

Before
So far, the kids like it.  I like it.  We'll see what hubby says.  I'd do it again, but by the time I grow those inches back out, I'll have too much gray.  They don't like gray hair. Neither do I, but I'm not interested in chaining myself to the colorists chair for the rest of my life, either.
Have you ever donated your hair?



Comments

Popular Posts