Fall Colors Crochet Flower Necklace


Here's an update to the Flower Necklace I posted at the end of Summer. You really can make this one in any colors and design you choose. I'm working on another Fall version with some additional flower styles. These are so fun. 

I also want to spotlight the hardware I used for this. The chain is the same as I used in the Summer version. I found it at Hobby Lobby. I love this line of jewelry pieces. It has a vintage (haha) style and it very durable. The price point is higher than some, but I only pick up what I can with the coupon or when it's on sale. If you plan ahead, Hobby Lobby does make it easy to get good deals. 


For this project, I purchased 2 24" 2mm Fine Ornate Chains, 1 Hook and Eye Clasp, and 4.75 mm jump rings (not pictured). Everything came in the natural brass finish.  I also grabbed 5 more off-white pearls from my stash. Tip: for a better value, pick up a second clasp and 3rd chain for a second necklace. 

Follow the pattern for the Crochet Flower Necklace for 6 flowers. I used embroidery floss in an off white (for 2 flowers), a deep rust orange, a deep yellow, a deep red, and a deep brown. To make the chain, I cut one chain to 21 and 1/2", then cut 2 pieces from the second chain, a 6" piece and a 5" piece. 


Using the jump rings, I connected the ends of these pieces 2 " from the center of the long chain. Then, I attached the clasp. The links in this chain are hard to cut. Be sure to use a good pair of cutters. Then, sew the flowers as in the original pattern to the chain and to each other using matching floss (if sewing flowers together, use the floss color of the flower that sits on top - for the flowers shown above, I used the deep red - as this is shown from the back). Check the balance of the necklace. On this necklace, one side tends to slide down a bit due to the weight of 4 flowers on one side, but I still like the look of it.


Have a Beautiful Fall!





This post has been linked up with: Six Sisters' Stuff, Fabric Bows and More, Positively SplendidAliLilyOne Artsy Mama, Show Off Friday, Night Owl Crafting.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. I love that there are so many options. Can't wait to make more!

      Delete
  2. You are such an amazing DIY'er! :)
    So impressive. I nominated you on my page for the Liebster/Versatile Bloggers Award :)
    Check it out here: http://fashionablecents.blogspot.com/
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute blog, looks like you have a very popular link party. New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this necklace, the colours are wonderful, :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your ideas! And they're not too complicated, which is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these! So pretty! I can't wait to make one! I'm looking forward to all the comments and compliments I'll get! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how sweet is this lovely crocheted necklace I can't wait to create...thanks so much, Bevie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts