Cindy's Christmas Candy

I have been making this candy for at least 13 years. Over the years, it has received a lot of rave reviews. I think I like it so much because it is so simple and also so different.

First, the name. I named this candy for a dear friend who first gave me the recipe. She passed away suddenly due to a car accident leaving behind her husband and one year old daughter. I think of them often, and this candy will always remind me of her.

It is easiest to make in 2 batches, as you will see.

Ingredients for 2 batches:
2 24 oz. pkgs of White Almond Bark
1 10 oz. pkg cinnamon disc candy


Tools:
Baking sheet
2 quart measuring cup
Spatula
Hammer







Begin by setting aside 1/2 of the cinnamon discs - usually around 20+, saving them for the second batch, leaving 1/2 in the original bag. Using the hammer, carefully smash each disc - the ones in the original bag - (usually takes 3 to 4 good hits). Keeping them in the bag helps contain the bits that break through the disc wrappers, although you will have some escape. If needed, smash a few at a time and then move them to a bowl to make room as you work. Once all are smashed, place them all in a bowl.

Carefully remove wrappers leaving the candy bits in the bowl.

Melt the almond bark according to package directions. I chose the microwave method. All of the bark, once squares are broken apart, fits well in the 2 quart measuring cup for microwaving. Once melted, pour the candy bits in and mix well with a spatula. Pour the mixture onto the baking sheet, spread it out with the spatula, and allow it to cool. To speed up the process, you can set it in the refrigerator. Be sure to keep it flat or wait until it sets up to a point where it won't run over the edges.
Sorry this pic is not very appetizing.
Once cool, break into pieces.

I love to give this candy as gifts. It looks nice in small cellophane bags. I've also given larger quantities in metal tins or coffee mugs. This year, I gave some to fellow teachers in dressed up jars. I will show you how I made these in my next post.



Until then, remember to share!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts