Progress as Promised

I mentioned in my last post I have been making baby blankets hoping to sell them. Amazingly, I have made some sales!!! It's so exciting. A little shop in my area has agreed to consign my items to help me determine the interest level in them. So far I have had them display a couple of crocheted baby afghans and some fleece and flannel crochet-trimmed baby blankets. Well, three have sold!

I have become a baby blanket making fool lately. My family will attest to that. I can't stop! Every time I find a good sale or coupon for JoAnn, I am picking out more flannel. I spend quite a bit of time choosing the fabric because, my taste leans toward the old-fashioned or retro style. Which, worries me a bit. I know how popular the cutsey and trendy prints are these days. So, I am crossing my fingers that these will be appealing. 

And, my newest venture in this arena is crochet-trimmed tea towels. Another one influenced by vintage treasures. I love to admire the linens and clothing of past eras, especially of the pioneer days. I had a chance to go with my son's class to a one-room schoolhouse, where they lived a day in the life of a pioneer child. It was so much fun!

You can find a gallery of everything on my facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/CreatedinAWE.

Here is a glimpse of what you will find as of today.



I'd love to hear what you think!


Comments

Popular Posts